We are delighted to announce that Liberal Democrat Membership Officer Nigel Marshall will be standing in High Town on May 6th in the local council elections.
The Liberal Democrats continue to build on their excellent reputation of campaigning on local issues all year round and not just turning up at election time.
With the increasing unpopularity of the Labour led Council continuing to make decisions that go against the wishes of many Lutonians it is crucial that we elect more Liberal Democrats to the leading Opposition Group on the council. Nigel’s campaign in High Town will focus on:
- The protection of our parks and green spaces against further development by the Labour led Council.
- Opposition against the continued building of 1 bedroom flats in the town centre instead of family friendly accommodation.
- Campaigning to reduce local pollution, tackling congestion issues and improving public transport.
- Improving street cleaning and working against fly-tipping and other anti-social behaviours.
- Campaigning to improve facilities in the area for local residents and families against council cutbacks.
If you are able to support our local election campaign in any way and would like to get involved with Luton Liberal Democrats who work tirelessly to improve our town please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily respond to you.